Saturday, June 30, 2007

More Blooms


The Hibiscus is in bloom! It's stunning :) Turns out it did come into bloom while I was out of town. Above is a close up of one of two blooms that opened up this morning. The blooms are the size of dinner plates. The color is a deep red. Very beautiful. However, they are very delicate and seem to only last a day. So I been photographing them every day. Today I had the best success.
As for the deer .... They love these plants. I've been spraying them every other day with Deer Off. This seems to be working, however I didn't spray the entire plant and those darn deer reached to the back at munched on one of the stalks :( I think they were here yesterday while I was at work. I think I'll put out the Deer Scram but I'd like to wait until it stops raining. But alas there is no end in sight. The lake is way above full and the rain is still coming.

No comments: