Monday, July 2, 2007

When will the rain stop?

Well it's still raining here in Jonestown! The forecast is rain week at least another week. Travis is now higher then I've ever seen it. I think it's at 701! My personal record was 697. That level was hit Nov '04. The picture at the top of my blog was taken during that flood. The all time record is 710. I don't think it will make it that high this go 'round. But then again I was sure it would stop raining after May. Not the case, it rained most of June and there is no end in sight.

The lake is closed through the 4th at this point. I happen to be enjoying it. It's nice not to have party boats docked in our cove "entertaining" their guest with karaoke in Korean ( I think that was the language) or cigarette boats racing from one end to the other. Keep in mind Lake Travis is just a river that has been dammed to form a lake. It's not very wide, however it is long - 63 miles I think ....

Anyway, no worries the lake hasn't reached the Big Build yet. Joker and I surveyed the rising waters as it pertains to our property over the weekend. The lake was 80 yards from our lower edge. I think it's higher now. But it will need to rise 15 more feet before we have lake front.

Hopefully the rain will slow down enough such that I can take some pictures. I'll post them once I'm able ....

No comments: